-

Friday, July 8, 2011

DIY Jalapeno Poppers

This great recipe comes from my (Tara's) mom. We had these over the 4th of July weekend and I fell in love! They are addictive. These aren't deep fried, like some you have seen or had at restaurants. These have NO breading. So they are low carb. And for me, that is wonderful. I am low carbing lately. ;-)

So try out this recipe and go by Pine Creek Style (my moms blog) and let her know what you think. Don't forget to follower her too. She has a pretty great list of posts to read!

This appetizer is awesome with BBQ's, Mexican food or served at an appetizer party!
 1 dozen jalapeno's, wash and cut in half.
Make sure you don't touch your eyes. You may want to wear gloves and a mask.  
They can be very strong. I use a spoon to clean out the seeds and membranes. then I rinse them again.(*I also put them in the refrigerator to get cold before I cut and clean them.) 
The ingredients are simple:
 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 package of grated cheddar or mexican cheese
1 pound of Bacon, cut in half
1 dozen Jalapeno's, cut in half and clean
Hot Sauce, your choice
Garlic pepper
 For the cheese mixture:
Blend the cream cheese, grated cheese, season with garlic pepper and hot sauce. Mix well. Then take a spoon and fill the Jalapeno halves. Next wrap one half of a Bacon strip around the middle of the pepper. Then drizzle more hot sauce over over the top!
 Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Judge by the bacon being done. Let set at least 5 minutes before serving. Yields 24.
Yummy! 
A great appetizer to serve guests...

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(